MASSACHUSETTS LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Massachusetts Real Estate License Requirements/Salesperson
To obtain a new real estate license in Massachusetts as a salesperson, you need to:
- Complete 40 hours of classroom course time. Upon successful completion, you will be given a school completion certificate, which is valid for two years from the date of issuance.
- Pass a Salesperson license exam with a score of 70% or better. The exam consists of 80 national/general and 40 state-specific questions.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Provide a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. Citizen/national or alien authorized to work in the United States.
- Be prepared to pay for your license on the day you pass the real estate exam.
SPECIAL NOTE: Have, pursuant to MA General Laws, Chapter 62.C, to the best of his or her knowledge and belief filed all state tax returns and paid all taxes required by law.
Massachusetts Real Estate License Requirements/Broker
Prior to the broker examination, a salesperson shall complete 40 hours of pre-licensure broker education AND must affiliate with a broker for three (3) years.